Monday, January 11, 2010

I blame Frank

My friend Frank is forced to write a blog for his first year english class and somehow convinced me start one. So we can all blame Frank for this. He'll be thrilled.

I'm not even sure what I have to say. I'm a big nerd, I love chemistry, especially organic, I love ponies, and I'm a ginger. Those seem to be the main three things people remember after they meet me.

I am a 5th year at Ohio State (obligatory go Buckeyes!) and I finish in June. I'm anxiously waiting to hear from grad schools, I only applied to three and I'm hoping that doesn't bite me in the ass.

I do have a pony, got her as a sophomore in high school, holy crap my 7th year anniversary of owning her is March 2nd of this year. That's crazy. I'm getting old.



The picture is from summer before my first year of college and it's one of my favorite pictures of us. We don't do the horse show thing much anymore, believe it or not that's frickin' time consuming.

I have a giant bunny as a housepet, my roommate currently has a cat and a dog so we're living in a bit of a zoo.



That's him, his name is Buddy, and he weighs 18 lbs. No I'm not kidding. Yes he'd like me to just let him nap in that picture.

So yes. That's me in a nutshell. Life is better through chemistry, especially since they invented sunscreen.

Chemistry fun fact of the day: Freckles form and darken with exposure to sunlight. The UV-B radiation increases melanin production in the skin. So if you see me outside and suddenly notice I have freckles, tell me, because I need to reapply my SPF 462 or whatever the ginger special is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment