Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Where's my wine?

Somedays are just not your day. Today was not my day. I overslept and missed my 10:30 class which really doesn't bother me because it's beer and wine and I don't pay attention in it anyway. The rest of my classes were boring, I've yet to start the long looking homework assignment I have due friday night, and both of my other classes have group projects in which my group is quite behind on. Great.

Wednesdays suck anyway because I have class till 6:18 so pile on feeling stressed, finding out yesterday I'm not getting a chemical engineering spot at North Carolina State and have been deferred to their materials science department all really boiled up nicely when I got finally got to my car at 6:30, to find it thoroughly buried in the parking lot by a bunch of basketball game attending douchebags. Upon this I immediately burst into tears and started screaming obscenities. Some extremely tall and nice Australian man saved the day and managed to finagle my car out of where it was to a point in which I could drive it out of the parking lot. I cried all the way to the barn from there with no knowledge of why I was crying. So instead of riding I put Polo in the indoor loose and just played with him. Which is entertaining because he follows me of his own volition everywhere, if I run he trots after me. He draws the line at going over poles though. Lazy ass.

So now I am home, hanging out with good friend Robert Mondavi (California wine maker) drinking it out of a plastic wine glass with a pink base and a blue fish shaped stem. Thanks mom. I'm going to go nuke a lean cuisine now. Nothing but high class in this apartment.

Chemistry fun fact of the day: I've discovered why I hate red wines, they have chemical tastes to them, which my initial beliefs were that is bad, but I guess it's not? So they can have chemical tastes like tar or petroleum. Hm. Delicious. Tar and bell pepper, now that's gross. Herbaceous wines are strange tasting anyway. I avoid them. I like 'em light and fruity and boozy. Hm. booze. I need a cookie. Likes this one.



I may have to go to the store. Crap I've already started drinking. Planning fail.

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmm....cookies & wine....[gargle, gargle, gargle etc]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Emily! You're nearly ten days behind schedule! If you were in my English class, there wouldn't be any hope for you by now ;)

    ReplyDelete